Friday, December 4, 2009

My First Post: All About Me

Given the problems that I've been having of late with Multiply, it looks like I'll be doing all my blogging here instead.

For a brief introduction, I'm Rory, a freelance medical and entertainment editor and journalist here in the Philippines. I'm also pretty infamous in fanfic circles for my slash and yaoi fics, although in recent years, I've developed a thick skin from all the flames. Let's put it this way. If you don't like to read my stories (or the stories of others for that matter), then don't read them. You're just wasting your precious computer time acting like an idiot. Besides, writing fics on the Net -- original or fanfic -- is meant to be a hobby to be shared with like-minded people. I could never really understand why certain people go out of their way to make life miserable for others.

I guess from this rant, you can already deduce for yourself what I don't like in people. As for what I do like in a person, I really can't say. Basically, I am a nice person, but I don't trust people all that well. So, if you want to make friends with me, introduce yourself first so we could start off on the right foot.

Oh, I might as well say it. I've been approached on a number of occasions if I could beta fanfics. As much as I would like to, I'm sorry but I have to refuse for two reasons. First, I just don't have the time for it. Lord knows it's difficult enough to find time for my writings. Secondly, based on a nasty experience I've had on MediaMiner, some people have gotten it into their heads that just because I offer them suggestions on how to improve their writing skills, it means that they have the right to dictate to me what I should and should not write. If there's anything I hate the most, it's people telling me what I should and should not write. In the first place, I'm writing the stories for my personal enjoyment. If others like it, that's a bonus. But, I won't be anyone's secretary. PERIOD. 

Yes, yes. I know I sound like a scary person. But really! To those few people who have gotten to know me really well, they know for a fact what a nice person I am. It's just too sad that, because of real bad experiences with Netizens, I've learned not to trust people easily. Just give me a chance, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment